Amidst the digital marketing age, regardless of size, all companies can grow an online presence – even the small but mighty ones. Through implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) tactics, companies can improve their online rankings and increase conversion rates and traction to their website.
Did you know that 80 percent of people research a company online before dealing with a small business? The Daily Infographic recently released their Small-Business Website SEO infographic, which offers insightful stats like this that every small business owner should know. Here are some of our favorite takeaways:
Google is THE search engine power house
- Google accounts for 81 percent of all global desktop search traffic.
- Google gets more than 57,000 searches per second.
- Google had 40 percent share in all U.S. digital ad spending in 2016, while Facebook had only 8 percent.
- Google accounts for 94 percent of all mobile/tablet search traffic globally.
Online presence matters
- 72 percent of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 89 percent of customers begin the buying process from a search engine.
Search Engine Optimization
- Search provides three times more traffic to sites than social media alone.
- 74 percent of companies say social media is integrated in their SEO.
- SEO-related spending is expected to reach $80 billion by 2020.
Tactics to improve SEO
- Content creation
- Keyword research
- Social media integration
- Link building
For all of our small-business owners out there, we hope you found this helpful. If you are not already, it is time to start implementing some of those search engine optimization tactics into your marketing plan. Need help getting started? Mantooth Marketing Company’s staff is Google Analytics certified and eager to help!