When you speak to a Mantooth team member about their job, they’ll likely tell you that each day looks different from the last and that their clients span a wide array of industries. In 2019, we added a new client unlike any others – the Centers for Gastroenterology. The Centers have been providing the best gastrointestinal health care to northern Colorado for over 40 years. With locations in Fort Collins, Greeley, and Loveland, they are the experts when it comes to GI diseases and/or administering routine colonoscopies.
The Centers for Gastroenterology have allowed our team to grow and learn new tools and programs to improve community involvement, brand reputation, and online presence. With the month of March came an especially fun challenge – we were able to assist the company with their annual Colon Cancer Awareness Month campaign!
Seeing as it is currently Colon Cancer Awareness Month, we thought we’d encourage you to schedule your colonoscopy with the Centers for Gastroenterology today!
- Colon cancer is the number 3 leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States.
- 53,000 Americans are expected to die of colon cancer this year.
- Colon cancer can be prevented and caught early on with a routine colon check, called a colonoscopy, in all adults age 50 or older.
- Those with family history of colon cancer should be screened earlier.
- Adults should be screened every 10 years following their first colonoscopy to check for polyps found in the colon, which can potentially be cancerous.
- Polyps can be removed during a colonoscopy and then tested for cancer.
- A colonoscopy is one day of discomfort; colon cancer will be much more.
In addition to colonoscopies, the Centers for Gastroenterology treat bowel incontinence, perform endoscopies, manometries, and more. They treat patients of all ages, including college students with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Their stellar team of doctors and physicians’ assistants works hard to make their patients feel comfortable and cared for.
If you have questions about colonoscopies (or other gastrointestinal diseases) please visit www.digestive-health.net to learn more. You are also welcome to contact any one of the three locations to speak with their staff directly:
Fort Collins: 970-207-9773
The various locations wore blue on March 6 for ‘Wear Blue Day’, raising awareness for Colon Cancer.