We all know it’s a jungle out there. Sometimes it seems that stressful situations pop up every other minute. Before you find yourself yanking your hair out, try these simple ways to minimize the stress in your life and breathe a little easier.
- Refrain from checking emails in bed after waking up.
- Take a few five-minute breaks throughout the day to stretch and walk around.
- Have non-distracting music playing in the background.
- Download our monthly wallpaper for your desktop. A calming backdrop makes for a calming day.
- Refuse to answer the question, “How are you doing?” with, “Busy.”
- Read for pleasure. 15 minutes a day can do wonders for decompressing.
- Organize and de-clutter your workspace.
- Get some fresh air while you work if possible.
- Avoid procrastination. Those tasks aren’t going anywhere if you ignore them.
- Don’t have more browser tabs open than absolutely necessary.
- A glass of wine at the end of the day never hurt anyone…
- Turn off as many notifications on your phone as you can.
- Get eight hours of sleep each night. Everything is always worse when you’re exhausted.
- Count all the little ways your day is going well. That way when things don’t work out, it won’t seem as frustrating.
- A little bit of chocolate in your day is soul food. Why deny yourself?
- Talk with loved ones. Sometimes a happy conversation is the best remedy for anything.
- Take social media breaks one weekend a month.
- Be festive. Whatever time of year it is, do something to observe the next holiday to remember that life is worth celebrating.
- Focus on one task at a time. You’ll get more accomplished and not feel mentally scattered.
- Eat healthy. High sugar, low protein diets only bring you down.
- Go through emails and delete the unnecessary ones at least once a month.
- Don’t waste time surfing the web.
Because really, we all need to just take a deep breath and chill.
Elsewhere on the blog: